- 1). Check to ensure your computer is compatible with the drivers you want to install. Some Sound Blaster Audigy drivers may be compatible with Windows 7 and not Windows XP, for example.
- 2). Check to ensure your Internet connection is functioning properly; otherwise, you will run into connection errors while installing the drivers.
- 3). Close all running applications and restart your computer if you are unable to install the drivers. Restarting your computer resets its hardware.
- 4). Double-click the "Computer" icon on the desktop, then double-click the "C:" drive. Double-click "Windows," then double-click the "Downloaded Program Files" folder. Delete the following files: "Creative Software AutoUpdate" and "Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package."
- 5). Download and reinstall the files you deleted in Step 5 (see link in Resources section).