- 1). Pick a company to ship your laptop. You can use the United States Postal Service, or you can choose a private shipping company, such as FedEx or UPS.
- 2). Obtain a laptop box. Private shipping companies often offer a special laptop box just for shipping laptops and laptop accessories.
- 3). Place padding in the bottom of the box. A laptop box will come with this padding. Otherwise, use a cushioning material that covers the bottom of the box.
- 4). Wrap your laptop in plastic for further protection. Then, place it on top of the padding within the box.
- 5). Add padding around the laptop. This liner will come with a special laptop box. Be sure the laptop does not move when the box is shifted.
- 6). Place another layer of padding above your laptop. Then, pack any links or accessories that you're shipping with it. Use cushioning material to keep these items in place during shipping.
- 7). Close the box and seal it with packing tape. Include labels with the address of the receiver and your return address on the top of the box before shipping.