- 1). Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- 2). Find the camshaft position sensor. It is located on the left-rear side of the cylinder head toward the firewall.
- 3). Unplug the camshaft position sensor’s electrical connector. Remove the sensor’s retaining nut.
- 4). Remove the sensor and lay it on a clean shop rag.
- 5). Spray the sensor lightly with solvent and dry it with another clean shop rag.
- 6). Reinstall the sensor by reversing steps 2 through 4. Installation is reverse of removal.
How to Clean the Camshaft Position Sensor on an Altima