- 1). Click on the "Start" menu and then click on "All Programs" and "Windows Update." Alternatively, you can type "Windows Update" into the Search Programs and Files box and press "Enter."
- 2). Click on "Check For Updates" in the left pane of the Windows Update window.
- 3). Click on "Install Updates." Windows will automatically install any available updates. Windows updates include the latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows and in most cases installing the updates will fix any errors that you are experiencing.
Run Microsoft Fix It
- 1). Go to the Microsoft Fix It homepage (see "Resource").
- 2). Click "About Fix It" in the left pane of the Microsoft Fix It homepage.
- 3). Scroll the list of PC errors and problems and click the "Microsoft Fix It" icon next to the error that best describes the error that you are experiencing.
- 4). Click "Run Now" and then "Continue." The Microsoft Fix It application will scan your computer, detect any errors and then automatically fix the errors. If the Microsoft Fix It application cannot fix the errors, it will provide you with additional resources.